Thursday, July 5, 2012

Before and After . . . hairdoos!

My daughter and I have been growing our hair, for what seems like FOREVER (about two years) so that we could donate it!  I kept telling her that when summer comes, we will chop it off and find a great place to send it that will make it into wigs for people in need.  So, it was time. 
We were so excited about going to the salon...just the two of us! 







There are so many wonderful places that accept hair donations to make wigs and give them to men, women and children in need for free or minimal cost to them!  We struggled with which organization we were going to send it to.  We ended up choosing Wigs 4 Kids; it is a non-profit organization that creates wigs for every child and young adult in the state of Michigan suffering with hair loss.


I love these kinds of things that I can share with my daughter, and the boys too!  It is fun and meaningful, with a great lesson behind it.  They, I pray, will remember these things for the rest of their lives.


2 comments:

  1. You both look adorable with your new hair doo's! And what a great thing to do for others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new hairdo's and the love in your heart for giving your hair away to a good cause.

    ReplyDelete